Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Q is for Quinoa

Quitters never win...

So it has been a while since I blogged, so long that you may have even forgotten about me.
Hey!
I still exist.
I wish that I had a Quick Quotes Quill to dictate to fill you in on everything that has happened since my last post. I don't so here goes: Halloween, Thanksgiving, a tree fell on our house and we moved in with the in-laws, went on a cruise, the bosses opened another cupcakery, Christmas, and New Years.

With all of that there was a part of me that thought that I should quit the blog and just leave it where it was. I questioned if I could even get through the ALPHAbite. With the letters that are on the horizon it is even more daunting than when I started. But it is a new year, a new day, and my first day off since...I have no idea, I really haven't been keeping track, so who cares. I'm back to tackle the ALPHAbite one letter at a time.

Enjoy.
Again.
Hopefully.
(sorry.)

Quinoa Stuffed Squash

  • 1 quarter of a quart (cup) quinoa
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 squashes
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 cup of crab meat
  • 1T drained capers
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • olive oil


Cook the quinoa by boiling 2 cups water and adding 1cup of quinoa. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Saute onions in olive oil. Stir in crab meat and add in the wine (quick before you drink it) Add the onions, crab, cilantro, capers, lime juice, and almonds to the cooked quinoa and stir.
Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.

Lay the squash in a baking dish and fill them with the stuffing. Put the rest of the stuffing around the squash and top each stuffed squash with a little bit of Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes.






...and winners never quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment