Thursday, May 26, 2011

H is also for Hazelnuts

Help yourself, and you are going to want seconds.


Here it is folks, the heavenly dessert that is sure to hit the spot!
I promise you that this recipe was worth the wait. Just try it.

Heavenly Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Pie
Crust:
-20 graham crackers
-2 Tbs. unsalted butter (melted)
-2 Tbs. dark brown sugar

Filling:
-1/2 cup milk
-3 cups of marshmallows
-1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
-1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur (Frangellico)
-1 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream
-1/4 cup sugar

What to do:
Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
Crush the graham crackers in the food processor or by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling them with a rolling pin. Pour crumbs in a bowl, and mix in the brown sugar and then the butter. Press the graham cracker in a pie pan with your fingers. Be sure that you push the crust up on the sides of the pie dish. Bake the crust for ten minutes. Set the crust aside to cool.

In a medium sauce pan on medium high just heat the milk, do not boil. Take the pan off the heat and add marshmallows. Lower the heat to low and stir in the marshmallows (5-6 minutes). Take off the heat and stir in chocolate until completely melted. Move the mixture to a bowl, and add in the hazelnut liqueur. Set aside to cool.

In another bowl, add heavy cream and sugar. Whip until you have fluffy cream. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled marshmallow mixture. Take it slowly because you do not want to deflate the whipped cream.



Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust and place into the refrigerator to set for 1-2 hours.








On to "I".

Any thoughts on what I should do for "I"?

2 comments:

  1. this pie is so delicious and yes, i did have seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you! I am so glad you enjoyed it!

    (I am starting every sentence with "I" until I figure out what I am cooking for "I"!)

    ReplyDelete